Making Adult Teaching Useful, Relevant and Engaging
MATURE’s core activity was the development of a unitised training programme for learning facilitators in adult groups. Training focuses on strategies to overcome barriers caused by disadvantage; on ways to engage with and motivate older adults to become active in learning communities and groups.
October - 2012 / September - 2014
The main target groups for the MATURE project include teachers, managers and planners of adult education, older people and later-life learners, volunteers and organisations involved in lifelong learning and older people, researchers in this field, politicians and policy makers.
Products and Outcomes
- Research to provide underpinning and contextual material.
- Units of training for face-to-face and self-study use.
- Pilot phase to trial training in groups and self-study .
- Expert evaluation and advice to ensure that training content is fit for purpose.
- Publication online of all training units in partner languages
- Vaughan Centre for Lifelong Learning, University of Leicester (United Kingdom)